Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Seminar Project

I noticed that many people that are not apart of the traditional undergraduate age range are not that familiar with social networking site besides Myspace. Myspace has become a household name but there are other social networking site that are tremendously popular. One of these sites is Facebook. Facebook is much like myspace but it is a virtual community centered around college age students. Members are grouped into networks campus and location. For my seminar project I am proposing to create a short how-to guide of how to get set up with a Facebook account and what some of major functionalieis are. I hope to include things such as picture or screen captures to walk new users thru the process of signing up, adding friends, posting and tagging photos, etc.

2 comments:

Ms. Gonzalez said...

This sounds like a great topic. I look forward to seeing it since I have never used one of these sites and my brother and sisters both have profiles. Figures, I am the oldest. They keep sending me invitations to join and now I will know what to do with them other than delete them.

Pearl Chen said...

I am glad that you will focus on Facebook. In addition to the how-to guide, I hope you will cover some of the educational, safety, legal and ethical issues related to the use of facebook in education. I also would like to see how facebook can be used to meet specific teaching or learning objectives. It would be good to include research and best practices in your lit review. Good topic!